Glucose Buddy Smartphone App
The Glucose Buddy smartphone app is the ideal way to track your blood sugar levels with your iPhone.
At A Glance
- Keep log of blood sugar levels
- Make notes about specific readings
- Graph your results
The age of smartphones and apps is upon us, and some of these apps serve some genuinely useful purposes. One of these useful apps would probably have to be the Glucose Buddy App. It has some really useful features for anyone who needs to keep a watch on their blood sugar; it can definitely help to make life a bit easier, at least in the aspect of organizing your results. One of the most convenient features of this app is how neatly it stores your information. It chronologically stores your test results along with the relevant notes for each reading and sorts them into an easily read list. It follows up this list with some great graphing utilities, yet another aspect of this app that can help make life just a little bit easier.
The graphing utility is pretty straightforward and might remind you of the graphing utilities that several glucometers have these days. Glucose Buddy will take your information and give you a visual representation of your readings and how the data is fluctuating in chunks of a one day, a week, the past 30 days, or the past 90 days. Glucose Buddy can make it really easy to just look at a simple graph and see if your blood sugar levels are misbehaving. It can even layer that graph with a chart showing your medication as it's related to your blood sugar levels.
So far Glucose Buddy has really only offered some upgraded features of several options available on many of the glucometers out there, but it can do more than just the basics. One of the more interesting features of the app is that it allows you to personalize your information, telling the app when you morning, afternoon, evening, and night starts in addition to being able to tell the app what you consider the normal range of your blood sugar to be.
The app also features ability to track blood pressure and weight. Both features
have been added since the original article was written. It is available
for free from the ITunes app store.
If there are any drawbacks to this app it would probably have to be the fact that the app itself doesn't bring anything new or innovative to the table. The only unusual thing that the app will do is to automatically sync your results with your PC, but there are a handful of glucometers out there that will do that for you. While this is a nice app, it doesn't really do anything that a good glucometer won't, and if you're in a situation where regular monitoring of your blood sugar is a necessity then you're in a situation where you have to purchase a glucometer; it seems as though it might be a more prudent idea to spend a little extra money up front and have your data management included in the device that creates the data in the first place. Transferring data from your glucometer into Glucose Buddy opens up the chance for human error to occur, but having it transferred straight from your glucometer to your PC (or to your phone via Bluetooth, as a few glucometers support) eliminates the possibility of human error. Glucose Buddy is a nice app, but if you're in a position to eliminate the middle man it might not be a bad idea to do so.
And here's what some of the customers who bought the Glucose Buddy have to say about it:
...Thanks to all who have a hand in the GlucoseBuddy App. I am pleased to announce that after several years I am currently in control of this disease...
Return from Glucose Buddy App to Blood Glucose Monitors
- Body Fat Monitor and Body Fat Analyzer
- A body fat monitor helps you learn how to lose ugly fat, not just lose weight. Learn the three major methods of determining body fat.
- Home Blood Pressure Monitors
- Home blood pressure monitors are easy to buy and invaluable in helping you to monitor your health and detect early symptoms of complicating diseases.
- VO2 Max and Lung Capacity
- VO2 max is a measurement of your lung capacity. It can help you determine your level of fitness. Workouts near your maximum heart rate improve your aerobic capacity.
- Polar Heart Rate Monitor Reviews - Polar Heart Monitors
- Polar Heart Rate Monitor reviews for most Polar fitness monitors
- Garmin Reviews for Garmin GPS Sports Equipment
- Garmin reviews for Garmin GPS enabled fitness monitors - running, cycling and swimming
- Nike Plus - Nike iPod - Nike Heart Rate Monitor
- Use Nike Plus running shoes to connect to your iPod Nano, iPod Touch or iPhone. Nike heart rate monitors also integrate with the Apple apps
- Timex Heart Rate Monitor Review
- Timex heart rate monitor review looks at the Timex brand efforts to produce a stylish, inexpensive heart monitor watch based on the Timex Ironman Watch line of products
- Suunto Heart Rate Monitor
- A Suunto heart rate monitor is a relatively new entry into HRM's. However, Suunto has been a leader in sports watches producing rugged outdoor equipment for hikers, sailers and adventurers.
- Health and Fitness Smartphone apps for Android and IPhone
- Health and fitness smartphone apps for android and iphone to monitor your health, keep track of your medical issues and motivate your to live a healthier lifestyle.
- Health O Meter Body Fat Scale Review
- The Health o Meter Body Fat Scale has 11 different body fat monitoring models, you can find the combination of look, feel, and function that is right for you.
- Activity Monitor
- An Activity monitor helps you learn many things about yourself - calories burned, sleeping patterns, optimal weight loss activities. These devices use a new technology - an accelerometer chip - popularized by the Nike Plus
- A Good Workout Plan for Beginners
- A Good Workout Plan for beginners - links to sites with gym workout plans.
- Omron Heart Rate Monitor Sports Watches
- An Omron Heart Rate Monitor is an affordable but reliable heart watch from a well known Japanese produce of high quality health and fitness products.
- Blood Glucose Monitors and Blood Sugar Monitors
- Blood glucose monitors and blood sugar monitors are easy to buy and invaluable in helping you to control your diabetes. They can also help you learn how your diet is affecting your blood sugars and weight loss.
- Mio Heart Rate Monitor Strapless Heart Rate Monitor Watches
- Mio Heart Rate Monitor are the original and largest producer of strapless heart rate monitor watches. Mio has an extensive line of strapless heart rate watches with many petit designs for women.
- Oregon Heart Rate Monitor Watches
- Oregon Heart Rate Monitor is produced by a company known for its clocks and weather radios. Most of its heart rate monitors are newly introduced and do not have a long track record
- SportLine Heart Rate Monitor Strapless Heart Rate Monitor Watches
- SportLine Heart Rate Monitor watches are designed with the capability of both a strapless 'one touch' heart monitor as well as the option to use a chest strap. The new hydration monitor is a unique high tech water bottle to help track liquid consumption throughout the day.
- Omron Blood Pressure Monitor
- Omron Blood Pressure Monitors are tested, evaluated, and shown to provide accurate and consistent results to users who want to monitor their blood pressure at home.
- LifeSource Blood Pressure Monitor
- LifeSource Blood Pressure Monitors provide you with an easy way to monitor your blood pressure numbers in the comfort of your own home or when traveling.
- MicroLife Blood Pressure Monitor
- The Microlife Blood Pressure monitor is clinically proven to provide quality home blood pressure monitoring capabilities.
- Panasonic Blood Pressure Monitor
- The Panasonic Blood Pressure Monitors provide quick and easy one-touch measurements of blood pressure and pulse rate with digital filter technology to ensure accuracy at home or away.
- Omron Body Fat Monitor and Scale Reviews
- Omron body fat monitor models include both floor scales that offer full body composition analysis and handheld models for quick body fat measurements